PDA

View Full Version : Worth the 20$?

Pbob
11-30-2005, 02:29 AM
Since css is getting old and i need a new game and the source engine looks good.

And its cheaper than actually getting a new game from the store.

formologic23
11-30-2005, 02:52 AM
Let me just say this. Although the server has been dead a while now with people being busy doing other things, the server usually gets full quick.

The game is definitly team oriented still, and you can't win being a stats whore. I really enjoy playing it, especially with the regs from tgp that play it, such as Le3z0r, HardMike, Uncle Tantric, Legshredder Priest, and a couple of others that play. Team oriented people. I say it's worth the 20 bucks to play, and although it kind of sucks only having 4 stock maps and a couple of ok customs, just as CSS has come up with some stuff.

Although I don't think DoD will ever replace CSS, I think having it definitly gives an alternative to do something different. Everyone who I have told to get it likes it, and have been happy with their purchase. It is a little more demanding as far as system requirements go, but other than that, I am sure that I speak for a few others, that it IS worth the 20 bones.

Hope to see ya there

eternal
11-30-2005, 12:09 PM
It is a really nice break from cs:s and a good game in its own right. As formo said I really enjoy playing with the people here (when I can) and we are trying to get something going it is just a difficult time. The teamwork is what makes this game fun, whereas you can solo it in cs:s and still kick everyones ass, that just isn't going to happen to the same degree in this game.

Jan, you can come in as an admin if you wish, it is NO WHERE NEAR AS STRESSFUL AS CS was since there are hardly any rules to enforce and you have definately proven yourself as a great guy and a damn fine admin (for a foreigner). If you are interested let me know, we would be honored to have you.

was that enough ass kissing, or should I have laid it on heavier?

Pbob
11-30-2005, 04:54 PM
well, i am going away until monday now, but when i get back i will know.

You are pretty ok as well for a foreigner :).

Samurai
12-01-2005, 06:00 PM
Short answer: Yes.

I love this game.

Pbob
12-04-2005, 07:52 AM
well i have it now, or should have anyway, so i'll see you on the server.

Pbob
12-04-2005, 09:25 PM
Yep, its a great game. Good looking too. Loved the recoil.

eternal
12-04-2005, 09:38 PM
You sir are a sneaky bastard.

Every time I thought I was in the clear you would show up and kick my butt. :(

Pbob
12-04-2005, 09:44 PM
You did that to me to so i'm willing to call it even :P