Go Back   The Gamer Planet Forums > Game / Server Forums > Other Multi-Player Games > Americas Army

Dr Livingstone I presume?
Old 10-31-2004, 03:34 AM
Badger

Dr Livingstone I presume?

Well, I've finally met one of you fellows online :) Unless there is more than one stalking accross the servers I've had the honour of being peforated by the hot lead stylings of none other than Suspected Terrorist!

I was lumbering around the training level (is it MkKenna?) when I became aware of Mr Terrorists presence among the enemy. I was unable to get his attention by messaging unfortuantely and whether or not he realised that the Grey Badger he was consistently exterminating was this Grey Badger, I could not guess.

In a surprise improvement to my normal level of gameplay, I actually managed to see a few different parts of the map for once, before bleeding on them after being shot down like a dog and on one occasion even managed to "tag" the old Terrorist himself before being put firmly back in my place by one of his team mates.

Having now learned where two of the objective flags are, I was none the less forced to abandon trying to secure them as this plan simply left me alone and outnumbered as OPFOR stormed through. Typical Life Expectancy?....three minutes.

A plea for advice on the "Team Com" was rewarded by the sage advice.... "Kill The Enemy." Really? Gosh thanks for that one and to think that prior to that I had been trying to get OPFOR involved in a discussion of the relative merits of dusting with icing sugar as opposed to not.

So eventually I gave way to the dark side and simply went on the hunt. Although seemingly still unable to actually hit the broadside of a barn despite unloading most of a clip at point blank range on a couple of occasions, this change in technique at least increased my life span. Typical Life Expectancy?...... six minutes.. (Huzzah!)

Other than the less than spectacular results on the virtual battlefield, the rest of my training is actually coming along with my recent victory over the sneaky section of the SF course being a welcome relief after the frustration it had managed to generate in this Badgers brain.

I had a go at the medical training and managed to pass the first section (Air Ways) with a surprisingly high percentage, despite it being so dull that I had to prop my eyes open with matches! Now if I could only pass that basic marksman course with enough hits to get access to the sniper school! I'm only four hits short.... but second place won't cut it here.

Anyway... that's enough for this particular Badger's Blogg. I have after all been exposed as a "long winded" forest dweller on this very board and I wouldn't want any of you falling asleep on me :)

Badger signing off.

Re: Dr Livingstone I presume?
Old 10-31-2004, 11:24 PM
Suspected-Terrorist

AS much as I would like to take credit for killing you, over and over again, I have to defer the award to someone else. I was not logged into Mout McKenna servers, or any server today. I stopped playing last night with Shadow around 3 am CST (2 am after the time change) and we were in Pipeline. I have been gone all day and have just now gotten the chance to get online.
In game I am Suspected-Terrorist and sometimes a humorous reference to the male anatomy, depending on what mood I am in or what new treat I am testing out. There must be somone trying to mimick my aggressive style and, from what you say, succeeding.
I would have been in TS2 when I played, or would have seen your mesages in game if we were both dead or alive, but not if one was dead and the other alive. I don't recall any messages, so you may have run into another terrorist with a similar spelling.
After re-reading the post I realized- It couldn't have been me, I am lvl 39 (very close to 40) and training level maxes at 15, impossibble to have seen me anyway, was obviously someone imitating a mispelling on my name.
If you ever find yourself in game, jump onto TS even if you don't have a microphone and listen in, or at least make us acknowledge your presence.

Suspected-Terrorist

The only one with this genetic composition and aggressive disposition.

Old 11-01-2004, 02:14 PM
Badger

ok lets pretend that I know someone so dumb, that he has no idea what "TS" is. Lets assume...ha!..yeah, I know it's silly, that this guy is sooooo thick... that as he stood in line when god was giving out brains, he thought the lord said "Trains" and he asked for a big slooooow one!

Now obviously I know what I'd tell this guy.. I mean I know what "TS" is..course I do. but erm... just out of interest, what would YOU tell him. Just for erm..comparison :)

Badger

Old 11-01-2004, 02:25 PM
HSantal

I would tell him/her that TS is a piece of voice communications software that we use around here for in-game communication.

Much better than trying to type whilst dodging bullets and such.

I would then tell him/her to go and download the latest version HERE.

Then go to this link for all the pertinant information needed to join.

At least that's what I'd tell him/her. :)

Old 11-01-2004, 05:01 PM
ShAd0wRIP

that sounds like that's about what all of would tell this fellow HSantal good call

So badger get downloading and jump on TS with us we'll show ya how this game and many others were really meant to be played:)

Old 11-01-2004, 05:23 PM
Frijole

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShAd0wRIP
that sounds like that's about what all of would tell this fellow HSantal good call

So badger get downloading and jump on TS with us we'll show ya how this game and many others were really meant to be played:)

Are you sure you can make it shadow? I mean, is tiger OK with you taking a day off?

heheh

Old 11-01-2004, 08:05 PM
L0GiCaL1

LOL... that was harsh Frito.

Old 11-01-2004, 11:53 PM
Suspected-Terrorist

TS = Team Speak / Team Speak 2
VK = Votekick
TK = Team Kill / Team Killer
FF = Friendly Fire
ST = Suspected-Terrorist
Teh = The
Biyotch = Do I really need to spell this one out
Ghey = Gay
Noob = New and Unskilled Player
Winnar = HSantal
Asshat = Idiot
F*ck you = go copulate with yourself because nobody here will

Suspected-Terrorist

Dissing gamers since I stopped wearing diapers.

Old 11-02-2004, 02:27 AM
Badger

Thanks, a handy list indeed.

*TS = Team Speak / Team Speak 2
Of course! I should have remembered that. not much point without the mike thingy though and still waiting for Santa on that score.

*VK = Votekick
Nasty folk wanted to do this to me the other day :( I was online with my friend in "Pipeline" we were sticking together trying to work as a team, but I got lost in the vent system and I don't think that some were best amused by my stunning show of ineptitude. Particularly this one chap who kept asking that someone should leave so that his friend could log onto the server!

*TK = Team Kill / Team Killer
I don't do this! Noooo way, the colour blindness does NOT cause a problem! <gulp>

*FF = Friendly Fire
As above

*ST = Suspected-Terrorist
We are not worthy

*Teh = The
........... erm...... why?

*Biyotch = Do I really need to spell this one out
You certainly don't need to say any more. It was in a country and western song wasn't it? "Son of a gun we're having fun on the Biyotch" or something like that.

*Ghey = Gay
Adding letters surely makes it longer to type? What's the point? But then what's the point in wearing your jeans two sizes too big? What's the point in wearing your hat the wrong way around? Too old to get it I'm afraid.

*Noob = New and Unskilled Player
Don't know this fellow. I can't be one of these.

*Winnar = HSantal
The who now?

*Asshat = Idiot
I was actually turned down for a position as Village Idiot in my village. I didn't have enough exam passes. :( I also lacked the qualifications to be a Pig Minder... but that is obviously another story.

*F*ck you = go copulate with yourself because nobody here will
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

Thanks again
Badger

Old 11-02-2004, 03:27 AM
Liquidsmoke

Noob= Nub
1337=Leet=Elite
pwnt=owned

Insurgent Camp abbreviations and locations