Re: Two words...
Old 12-31-2004, 09:35 PM
Liquidsmoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_E_Jones
This game is f#%king AWESOME!

Ok, maybe more than two...
Yeah it gets my vote for GOTY (Game of the year).

Old 12-31-2004, 10:17 PM
test5

it deserves GOTY '03 as well, its all we were thinking about then too :P.

Old 01-01-2005, 03:10 AM
jackel

yeah, its amazing. i look at game awards for 04 and see hl2 not in first place.. i still wonder what is wrong with them.

Old 01-01-2005, 10:51 PM
test5

yeah its got the pc awards hands down but it can never win general gaming awards as long as there is like 12 times more little kids playing consoles than more, erm, enlightened peeps playing pc.

Old 01-02-2005, 03:00 AM
eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobvandy
yeah its got the pc awards hands down but it can never win general gaming awards as long as there is like 12 times more little kids playing consoles than more, erm, enlightened peeps playing pc.
Hopefully that will change when the next gen consoles come out. The trend, with prices going up and up, and them becoming more and more like pc's, really pisses me off.
I have kids, they prefer pc's but like any kid, want those consoles. ALL of them. To have to shell out $1000+ every year they are released is shit, SHIT!

HL2 is the best fps I have played since........HL1!

Old 01-02-2005, 05:02 AM
test5

yeah once you realize that just about every worthwhile game on xbox or playstation is either ported or developed for pc. so, the only console i see worth my money is nintendo. they actually have some damn good games, that are actually specific to that system (metroid prime is awesome, resident evil 4 and new legend of zelda comin out soon, sweet 8)) . that and the handhelds are definitely the best, i mean holy crap that new one, the DS, with the dual screens and the bottom one is a touch screen and stereo speakers and crap, its like a miniature nintendo 64! my brother got one for christmas and he rented super mario 64 ds or whatever its called, its the entire game that was in those huge cartridges like 6 years ago, all packed into this little thing that looks like a flash memory chip, like a square inch 8O . its madness, every new handheld that comes out they make the game carts smaller and smaller and smaller... i think if they didnt have to make so much money off selling the individual games that they could just program them all in there. woah, anyway </off-topic rant> you dont have to stand for that SHIT :P you have the power to mold their young minds, teach them the way of the personal computer, buy em a nice logitech gamepad and say LOOK ITS THE SAME DAMN THANG!

Old 01-03-2005, 11:10 PM
Dave_E_Jones

Bought it Thursday Night, finished it today on normal...

Great fucking game...

Now I have to play the first Half Life (bought it only to play CS) with Source...

e, thanks for convincing me to buy it...

Old 01-04-2005, 09:57 AM
Cobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_E_Jones
Bought it Thursday Night, finished it today on normal...

Great f#%king game...

Now I have to play the first Half Life (bought it only to play CS) with Source...

e, thanks for convincing me to buy it...
HL2 is a great game. I beat it on normal as well. I am about 3/4 the way through on hard. Also I am at the last guy on HL1on hard... Hard son of a biscut.