Go Back   The Gamer Planet Forums > Game / Server Forums > Ghost Recon : Advanced Warfighter

bp weapons pack v6.0
Old 07-27-2010, 12:35 AM

Brettzies is on a distinguished road
bp weapons pack v6.0

Quote:
v6.0 Additions
This is taken from my Graw2 version of the mod, some notes may not apply to Graw1.

Several weeks ago, Radiator released his BlackHawkDown misison for Graw2 which was incompatible with my weapons pack. Since I love the BlackHawk story, tragic as it is, I wanted my weapons to work with it. Radiator also did some excellent work organizing sound xmls to make it easy for modders to not conflict with each other’s custom sounds and also allow for easy expandability. With those two things in mind, I spent about a week cleaning up my pack which resulted in v2.07. I’m never really happy just releasing fixes like that, especially if they require a lot of work. Fixing up the pack was satisfying but I really want to update it with something worth downloading and had forgotten how fun Graw2 can be to mod, time consuming, but fun.

After using the Mk14 EBR in Modern Warfare 2 and seeing several failed attempts to get one legitamately into this game, I decided to go ahead and attempt one myself. Previously I had not liked the design of this weapon, but over time have come to think it looks really cool. It did seem like a very appropriate weapon for the Ghosts, and was actually in the xbox360 version of the game. Modeling the bolt action was a little tricky, and I did attempt to use normal mapping with this one, which slowed my progress, but I’m fairly happy with the end results. Textures, as always could be improved, but that’s never been my strong point or interest with so much else to worry about getting it to a working game state.

Marcinko suggested adding a shortdot scope, which wasn’t difficult to model, but took some time getting all of the bitmap icons for the SP campaign done. It also required adding many more kits to MP/Coop since it can be attached to not just the Mk14, but several of my other weapons as well. In the end, I think it was a good suggestion and makes the mod that much more complete.

Though I’m not sure many people are still playing this game, I hope the few that are can get some enjoyment out of these efforts. I know I’ve had lots of fun making it and I have to say thanks to all the people who have downloaded and used it over the years. The interest and support of even a few people, especially the community at GhostRecon.net, really make it worthwhile and encouraging to complete projects like this.

Enjoy!

Mk14 Mod 0 EBR
This is the new weapon system added to the mod.

·7.62mm
·20 round mag
·semi auto and full auto fire modes
·custom tweaked sounds
·suppressor attachment
·tactical grip
·multiple scope attachments

Shortdot CQB Scope
·new scope seen above available on most of my weapons

Swapable Headgear
·added all headgear to each ghost for xml switching
·see instructions in readme to change headgear

Misc.
·adjusted m4shotgun, l85a2, and sig552 anim sets to be “less” glitchy looking
·made sig552 use m4 scope attachments to free up MP attachment slots

26 July 2010
Finally got around to updating this with the latest weapon and tweaks. Also added the ability to swap head gear for each ghost. See the readme for details on how to do this. Good old GRAW. How old is it now, 4 or 5?

Downloads:
-----------------------------------------------
Full Mod: bp Weapon Pack v6.0 - Moddb Link
Full Mod: bp Weapon Pack v6.0 - FileFront Link
Full Mod: bp Weapon Pack v6.0 - GrNetLink

Re: bp weapons pack v6.0
Old 07-28-2010, 08:31 PM

PBRStreetgang is on a distinguished road

One mind. many weapons.

Old 09-06-2010, 07:18 PM
Map Maker in Training

Fishmonger is on a distinguished road

Running this mod today - Mod Monday is back - make sure you got your V 6.0 installed tonight

Old 09-08-2010, 10:50 AM

Mohawk573 is on a distinguished road

We have try the bp weapons pack v6.0 nice thx

Old 12-20-2010, 12:11 PM
Map Maker in Training

Fishmonger is on a distinguished road

Mod install/uninstall tutorial

summarizes what you need to know to go from downloaded zip to a working mod game, and then to go back to anti-cheat compatible normal game. This video is for XP users. Win 7 stores files in a different place, but the idea is the same. Have to update this thread once I know where the Win7 directories are.

Old 03-21-2011, 06:47 PM
Quads451

What do you do about the scope mirror (duplicate scopes) when peaking right olny not left, had the same problem with versions 3 and 4, for some reason version 5 works great exept for a couple scopes . Version 6 is just a repeat of versions 3 and 4. all scopes duplicate. Had to take it out to distracting!!!