Go Back   The Gamer Planet Forums > General Forums > General Discussion

FireMarshal
Old 08-03-2007, 07:13 PM
Supporting Member

FireMarshal is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to FireMarshal Send a message via MSN to FireMarshal Send a message via Yahoo to FireMarshal
FireMarshal

Good to see some of you again, sorry I have been away for so long but life happens. I wanted to drop by to just kinda fill you guys in on some recent developments on my life since many of you have been such a big part of my life for several years. Some of you reading this may have no clue who I am, but the ones that do know is who I am talken too, so read on if ya want but not required! lol

Last Friday I was diagnosed with a "Glioblastoma Grade IV" (Terminal Brain Cancer very aggressive). No one knows why or can give any explanation I am just in the small 1% of the population under the age of 50-60 that gets it. Without going into all kinds of crazy details, surgery is out since it is to deep in my brain and its spreading from the frontal left lobe to the right. They are afraid that if they do go in and do anything at all it could leave me worse than I started. The only course of treatment is just to do radiation and chemotherapy and slow down the progression. (hopefully) There is really nothing that can be done besides this treatment to give me a few extra years short of a miracle, which I am praying for everyday.

None of the doctors can say for sure how long I have left, but the speculation is anywhere from 12 months to 24 months and in some cases a 3 years or so. But that's all just guesses and speculation. No ones gonna know till I do these treatments and see how it acts. Eventually I will lose my fine motor skills and a few other things, most I don't care to even think about. This is all come as such a huge shock to me and my family that its really hard to comprehend and its been so rough trien to figure out what to do next. But all we can do is hope, and pray for the best.

At the very least some of my best years were with some of you guys and I wanted to let everyone know that I appreciate the time we had blowing stuff up, playing games, debating, arguing, teasen and poken fun! It was a fun ride and I enjoyed it. Some of my fondest memories are with some of you guys and its been great. In all the work that Total and I did for TGP it was all worth it to have met some of you and be able to call you my friends.

I hope that after these 6 weeks of treatments I am going to attempt to make a small journey around the country to see as many of you as I can, some for a second or third time, and some for the first, but the more the merrier.

I did have several of your cell numbers but lost them, I will be posting my cell # in the admin forum and if anyone else wants it ask an admin.

Do you know what the Chain of Command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in command here!

Re: FireMarshal
Old 08-03-2007, 07:57 PM
GR Lead Admin

Alpha will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to Alpha

o crap man....so sorry to hear it!
keep your fingers crossed that the treatments do some good.
i always thought that id rather not know if i had something like cancer or whatever...changes you drasticly.
kinda wondered where the heck you drifted off to.
keep your head up man....the drs can do wonders these days...on most anyway.

hope your trip visiting peeps goes good, id like to do that someday.

need to talk or anything....cell is 1-574-540-1026.

peace brotha!

Kevin

FEAR THE BEAN!

Old 08-03-2007, 08:12 PM

MadDog is on a distinguished road

Sorry to hear what you are going thru. i know people will tell you to "Keep your chin up" and I know this is very hard for you to do due to the circumstances but I say to you my FRIEND.........KEEP YOUR CHIN UP & FIGHT

We will pray for you daily and keep positive thought for you.

I kinda know what you are going through. My father-in-law was diagnosed with terminal throat cancer back in January. He to had done the radiation and chemo and has now finihsed as of last Monday. Now he wait to have a few more tests to see the out come. Everyone is on pins and needles until then.

I too am HONORED to call you my FRIEND...............

MarK

Old 08-03-2007, 08:16 PM

PARADOX is on a distinguished road

Best Wishes Chris. We already talked and you know my number if you need to talk again!

Old 08-03-2007, 08:47 PM

DudeMan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to DudeMan

well.... my god, i dont know what to say, this sucks beyond sanity, really sorry to hear this. I'm not religious, but i will say a few prayers over the next few weeks that this radiotherapy does go well,

wow, time i think to blow the savings on everything you have ever wanted to do.

i have never actually met you FM, but i consider you one of my close friends, someone whom when i have a problem i can talk, i have skype, and you know my other contact information, anything at all i can do if it is at all possible i will.

fingers crossed on the treatment man

Well put H'santal its sickening, (edit)

Carl.

www.TeamElement.com If you're not part of the team... your against it!

Old 08-03-2007, 09:15 PM
IDWIC

HSantal will become famous soon enough

As per our conversation last night I am nothing short of sickened at this news.
Wherever your road trip takes you I will get to one of those to swap some more tales and lies like we did in R.I. at the LAN.

I will see you then. Until then, be well and strong.

Rick.

If a man, standing in the forest says something, and his wife isn't there to correct him, is he still wrong??

Old 08-03-2007, 09:47 PM

Blind is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Blind

Words fail me, best wishes are to weak. Just stunned.

Old 08-03-2007, 11:44 PM
ArmA Admin

Bat21 is on a distinguished road

My jaw is still on the ground, I hope the best and wish that all the treatments can slow this down enough to last more than a few years.

All my prayers are with you.

Old 08-04-2007, 12:11 AM

Frijole has a spectacular aura aboutFrijole has a spectacular aura about

what the fuck.

Damn chris.

Let me know if you need my number. C'mon thru, beer's on me.

umop ap!sdn w,|

Old 08-04-2007, 02:29 AM

Satoh is on a distinguished road

Wow... I'm very saddened to read this news. Hang in there FireMarshall, and know that you've got a great group of folks here at The Gamer Planet forums to talk with.

I'll make sure my family includes you in our prayers.