Go Back   The Gamer Planet Forums > Game / Server Forums > Ghost Recon : Advanced Warfighter

new map crash
Old 04-19-2017, 07:25 PM

razamataz1234 is on a distinguished road
new map crash

Hey Fish

Map was working fine until last couple spawns placed now getting crash saying cant find ai . i know that you cant use the night map guys but is there others , was wondering about ( mex_special_forces_silent_ops1 ) these guys .

Re: new map crash
Old 04-21-2017, 09:41 PM
Map Maker in Training

Fishmonger is on a distinguished road

special ops guys are ok
night guys should work with the mod, but don't use them - nothing special there but useless flashlights on the guns

the groups to absolutely not use are the

mex_guerilla_patrol and mex_guerilla_recon without a number e.g. 1,2,3,4

mex_carlos and rangers are fine without number, but if it's infantry or guerilla they will crash.

Old 04-21-2017, 09:44 PM
Map Maker in Training

if you have a recent version of excel, what you should do is copy all the human AI stuff from the world file into a text file, don't worry about any schema or whatever, just all the units between humans and /humans, then go into excel and import from XML - I can't tell you exact steps I did last time, but excel will auto generate a schema and load the stuff into a nice table where you can then filter by solder type and instantly see in a nifty pulldown menu what types you have in the map. Saved me endless hours of hacking in the high wire map when stuff kept crashing in a particular area.

Old 04-23-2017, 09:28 PM
Map Maker in Training

I took a look at the AI in the map and the crash we had last night isn't due to solder type. Has to be something else.

When looking at the exact error in the server crashlog, I only found two more events when that same crash happened. Once was back in 2013, on a map called "destination2013" - cannot even remember what that was, but clearly we dumped that map. The only other time was Minutemen_2016 before I fixed it.

Thing is, I have no idea what I had to change to fix it. I just redid half the landscape, a whole new AI graph, new lighting, and then it was all good.

AI graph alone did not fix it. This is definitely a tough one to dignose

Old 04-23-2017, 09:54 PM

thanx for looking did very much the same got rid of graph all spawns and ai just replacing tonight one spawn at a time and running the crap out of it half way through again and no crashes

Old 04-26-2017, 12:28 AM
Map Maker in Training

well, it didn't crash for two rounds on hard, which means only a particular spawn caused the problem. The script is random and theoretically you can play it 30 times and you may still miss the bad spawn. we were too many players on two sides of the map, so you don't really know which spawn it was.

If you replace the spawns, that's the one thing I didn't do with the Minutemen map - I replaced some buildings, especially those low detail external tiles that fill the black void. I just dumped those and put real buildings up, rendered fresh lightmaps, redid the AI graph and then put the same AI on it. Added a few even. That worked. What of all the above actually did it I don't know, but the AI graph and the spawns didn't fix it for me..

Old 04-29-2017, 12:21 PM

was looking in the old graw forums and there was a post that had the exact crash.
one of the rpghard guys said it was due to no vehicle graph and also looked in the ubisoft tutorials that said its needed also for ai is that for real ?

Old 04-30-2017, 01:44 AM
Map Maker in Training

put one in - two nodes, even if no vehicle. I had that in some maps when vehicle crew guys spawned - pistols.

Old 05-01-2017, 12:41 PM

well put the two nodes in have maybe six pistol guys so maybe was the cause ran it way to many times yesterday and no issues . posted link if you wish to try it . going to clean it up some more last night saw some friendlies spawn and get rid of the laundry hanging in mid air and a proper render .

Old 05-02-2017, 10:29 PM
Map Maker in Training

not sure I know where the link is, however, I did get an email from you that looked like your mail account got hacked by some phishing scammers. That link in there clearly was not to a map download.