Go Back   The Gamer Planet Forums > General Forums > Hardware, Software and Networking

Bought this tonight
Old 05-30-2003, 09:09 PM
Arty

Bought this tonight

I'll submit a review to Luna when it arrives....

Old 05-30-2003, 09:14 PM
Uarath

What the *&)(*& is it?

Old 05-30-2003, 09:29 PM
Sarc

The Belkin Speedpad!

I've always been tempted to buy one but I'm happy with my current setup. I'm not going to spend time learning how to use a new toy. I hear it's a good piece of hardware though.

Old 05-30-2003, 09:31 PM
Uarath

OK that makes a little more sense now

Old 05-31-2003, 09:13 AM
M1st

Not to me it doesn't :s

Old 05-31-2003, 10:01 AM

I have had that speedpad for a couple years now. When it was first released I actually returned it because the software was to flaky but then a few months later after new software was released I bought it again and have loved it ever sence.... I fact I have bought it for all my gaming frineds for their birthdays over the years.

It took me a couple weeks to get used to it but when I did I felt my playing skills go up a notch. On the down side I have allot of trouble going back and playing on a normal keyboard.

The greatest advantages are (1) the ability to have 4 to 8 buttons on your thumb. When I need to sprint I push forward on my thumb, back go's slow, up is jump and down is crouch. In very heated times you can quickly tap the tumb down button twice very rapidly to dive to the ground. (2) The scroll/throttle is nice (but I personally don't use it in FPS'ers). (3) The ability to have three sets of keys binded to the pad which you can switch on the fly. Nice for games where you jump into vehicles or use specical weapons. You can hit a button on the speedpad and the entire pad would then be configured for that specifc purpose.

Arty (aka Lowdrag), if you want to use anything I just posted be my guest or if you want I can add parts to the review. I just don't have the time to write a whole one on my own. I know Wolfseven also uses this and likes it, though he did have some technical issues at first to deal with I think....

Old 05-31-2003, 10:16 AM
L0Gi

I've had one for a while also... it definitely makes it easier to control multiple features in a game without having to move your hand. It is tough too... I accidently dropped my monitor on it during a move and it never missed a beat.

Old 05-31-2003, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0GiCaL1
It is tough too... I accidently dropped my monitor on it during a move and it never missed a beat.
Did the monitor live?

Old 05-31-2003, 10:44 AM
L0Gi

Yeah.. if it didn't I would have been S.O.L. because I can't live without my 21".

Old 05-31-2003, 10:51 AM
WileyP

I've got the Speed Pad 50(Nostromo) and never have used it.

You say it's worth a try huh?

...Wiley P....