Go Back   The Gamer Planet Forums > Game / Server Forums > Other Multi-Player Games

My first game...
Old 10-12-2003, 07:10 PM
Spinner

My first game...

Pretty fun!

I think that once I get used to commanding the AI squads and using the map a bit better, this is going to be a regular game for me...

I won't be able to play too often, as the games last a bit long. Is that one of the CTI games that we played this evening?

Re: My first game...
Old 10-12-2003, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CingularDuality
Is that one of the CTI games that we played this evening?
Yes it was. We played a 4hour and 40min game Friday night. About 2 or 3 hours to long but still a good game.

Old 10-12-2003, 08:42 PM
Spinner

So they're usually a bit shorter, eh?

Old 10-12-2003, 08:56 PM
Sarc

I've played to CTI games and they both neared the five hour mark. I wish they were shorter. :(

Old 10-12-2003, 11:45 PM
Bearie

We just got done with one that lasted 2 1/2 hours. And there were only 4 of us playing at the time (Apophis, myself, Trey, and Nazgul). Was pretty cool.

I have to admit, I love those Bradleys. Loaded one up, drove it around while my AI gunner engage targets. While I probably would get toasted by T80s, I was able to engage multiple enemy APCs with only minor damage to me.

And if there are more enemy infanty targets than your gunner can engage, do what I do and just run them down. Also great for checking to see if there are any enemy forces hiding in bushes :P

Old 10-13-2003, 05:07 AM
FireMarshal

48 Hours and counting and I will have mine..... give or take a few hours.. (we hope) :D

Old 10-13-2003, 08:26 AM

Quote:
I won't be able to play too often, as the games last a bit long.
Same here. OFP is either a weekend or holiday game for me... at least thats the way it is so far....

Quote:
So they're usually a bit shorter, eh?
Unfortunetly no.... the pattern I have seen is 8 or 9 players start a game and after a couple hours players either leave or get dropped and new player join and wait for the next game. When this happens the game is usually restarted to get the waiting player in.

I would like to see the second server start getting used. When a game is in play on the first one and I jump into the second no one comes in. Later when I look at the full game I see players waiting :( Why not just start a second game instead of wait hours????? We are probobly getting close in player numbers to have two games all the time.

Old 10-13-2003, 09:14 AM
Riyker

I'm thinking of making #2 a scheduled events server for CTI and major CTF or Race missions.

#1 may have the CTI stuff removed as it should be used as a mission by mission COOP box. We can't create interest and keep the interest if the CTI's continue to dominate.

Old 10-13-2003, 09:17 AM
Riyker

BTW, Cingular, glad you enjoyed it. You caught on mega fast.

Old 10-13-2003, 10:53 AM
fr1j

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riyker
I'm thinking of making #2 a scheduled events server for CTI and major CTF or Race missions.

#1 may have the CTI stuff removed as it should be used as a mission by mission COOP box. We can't create interest and keep the interest if the CTI's continue to dominate.

Great ideas!